[danews]Intimate Evening With Terry Scott Taylor

danews@lists.danielamos.com danews@lists.danielamos.com
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 07:41:03 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_6C2D_01C9C18B.5B85A570

Intimate Evening With Terry Scott Taylor=20

You are cordially invited to spend a rare and intimate evening of story =
and song with Terry Scott Taylor.

Terry Scott Taylor is a man who wears many hats. Singer. Cowboy hat. =
Songwriter. Baseball cap. Father. Fedora. Producer. Prophet. Prankster. =
Pioneer. As the founder of legendary CCM band Daniel Amos he helped =
pioneer a new artistically-minded aesthetic in a musically stunted =
genre. As the merry prankster behind the Swirling Eddies he became a =
supreme satirist while continuously shedding musical skins. As chief =
songwriter for the Lost Dogs he brought modern maturity to the old forms =
and helped make them relevant to new generations. As a composer for =
video games and cartoons he brought his quirky genius to bear in a field =
that had been
rendered dull and void by electronic keyboards. As a solo artist he laid =
bare his personal life-its triumphs and tragedies-and made his story our =
story as well. Some of his songs are limericks. Some are literature. =
He's flown under most of the radar for more than 30 years but those in =
the know rank him among our greatest living treasures.

Out of a deep humility he usually works within the context of a band of =
musicians in order to take a little of the heat off himself. Not this =
night. This night, joined occasionally on stage by special guest Steve =
Hindalong and Terry's son Andrew, and armed only with a guitar and his =
incredible collection of hats, audiences will discover the real Terry =
Taylor. Intimacy is the name of the game and everyone is invited to play =
along. Songs. Stories. Answers. You'll hear them all like never before. =
Come witness the mind of a visionary, the heart of an artist and the =
soul of a fellow pilgrim.=20

Joining Terry on stage for a select number of songs chosen from his =
extensive repertoire of Daniel Amos, Swirling Eddies, Lost Dogs, and =
solo recordings, will be special guest Steve Hindalong ( Lost Dogs' =
member, founding member of The Choir, creator and producer of the 'City =
on a Hill' series, and co-writer of 'God of Wonders'). The ever illusive =
Camarillo Eddy, founder of 'The Swirling Eddies, is rumored to appear as =
well. We are
also thrilled to announce that for the very first time ever, Terry's son =
Andrew will also join his father on stage.

Terry will not only entertain you with humorous and moving anecdotes and =
songs, he will offer readings from his forthcoming book of collected =
non-fiction, lyric recitations and commentary, and perform a variety of =
familiar songs as well as those rarely, if ever, performed in a live =
setting. At selected venues the evening will be capped off with an =
audience participation Q&A.

An Intimate evening with Terry Scott Taylor promises to be a surprising, =
'don't miss' one-of-a-kind event.

A note from Terry: "As far as live performances go, I don't believe I've =
done anything quite like this before. I think the audience, which is =
really more a gathering of close friends and family, is in for some real =
surprises including a few firsts. Now, the mysterious Camarillo Eddy =
says he'll show up, but you never know about that guy. On the other =
hand, I know the great Steve Hindalong will be there to join me on a =
number of tunes. I've got to say however that my greatest thrill =
concerning this tour is that my son Andrew will, for the very first time =
in my 30 plus years of performing, be joining me on stage. I'm extremely =
proud of him and can't wait for folks to meet him. The song selection =
should be surprising as well. It's eclectic, unpredictable and culled =
from every musical entity I've ever been involved with down through the =
years. At many of the shows I'm planning to field questions from the =
audience and, if I know my crowd at all, this should prove
quite interesting. I may even get Steve to do his leprechaun dance and =
also that thing where he flips a coin into the air and catches it behind =
his back. Now that's a show!

"We all essentially agree that we're living in fairly dark and =
unpredictable times. I'm prayerfully determined to lighten the =
audience's load a bit and do so through laughter, some challenges, and =
more importantly some heart-felt inspiration. (Oh, by the way, I've got =
some road stories to tell which, in some instances, are truly weird and =
astounding.)

"Anyway, in the words of Sam the Sham 'Let's not be L7!' Come on out to =
the show and let's all have a wonderful time together." - Terry Taylor
------=_NextPart_000_6C2D_01C9C18B.5B85A570

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Intimate Evening With Terry Scott =
Taylor=20
<BR><BR><BR>You are cordially invited to spend a rare and intimate =
evening of=20
story and song with Terry Scott Taylor.<BR><BR>Terry Scott Taylor is a =
man who=20
wears many hats. Singer. Cowboy hat. Songwriter. Baseball cap. Father. =
Fedora.=20
Producer. Prophet. Prankster. Pioneer. As the founder of legendary CCM =
band=20
Daniel Amos he helped pioneer a new artistically-minded aesthetic in a =
musically=20
stunted genre. As the merry prankster behind the Swirling Eddies he =
became a=20
supreme satirist while continuously shedding musical skins. As chief =
songwriter=20
for the Lost Dogs he brought modern maturity to the old forms and helped =
make=20
them relevant to new generations. As a composer for video games and =
cartoons he=20
brought his quirky genius to bear in a field that had been<BR>rendered =
dull and=20
void by electronic keyboards. As a solo artist he laid bare his personal =

life=97its triumphs and tragedies=97and made his story our story as =
well. Some of=20
his songs are limericks. Some are literature. He's flown under most of =
the radar=20
for more than 30 years but those in the know rank him among our greatest =
living=20
treasures.<BR><BR>Out of a deep humility he usually works within the =
context of=20
a band of musicians in order to take a little of the heat off himself. =
Not this=20
night. This night, joined occasionally on stage by special guest Steve =
Hindalong=20
and Terry's son Andrew, and armed only with a guitar and his incredible=20
collection of hats, audiences will discover the real Terry Taylor. =
Intimacy is=20
the name of the game and everyone is invited to play along. Songs. =
Stories.=20
Answers. You=92ll hear them all like never before. Come witness the mind =
of a=20
visionary, the heart of an artist and the soul of a fellow pilgrim.=20
<BR><BR>Joining Terry on stage for a select number of songs chosen from =
his=20
extensive repertoire of Daniel Amos, Swirling Eddies, Lost Dogs, and =
solo=20
recordings, will be special guest Steve Hindalong ( Lost Dogs' member, =
founding=20
member of The Choir, creator and producer of the 'City on a Hill=92 =
series, and=20
co-writer of 'God of Wonders'). The ever illusive Camarillo Eddy, =
founder of=20
'The Swirling Eddies, is rumored to appear as well. We are<BR>also =
thrilled to=20
announce that for the very first time ever, Terry's son Andrew will also =
join=20
his father on stage.<BR><BR>Terry will not only entertain you with =
humorous and=20
moving anecdotes and songs, he will offer readings from his forthcoming =
book of=20
collected non-fiction, lyric recitations and commentary, and perform a =
variety=20
of familiar songs as well as those rarely, if ever, performed in a live =
setting.=20
At selected venues the evening will be capped off with an audience =
participation=20
Q&amp;A.<BR><BR><BR>An Intimate evening with Terry Scott Taylor promises =
to be a=20
surprising, 'don't miss' one-of-a-kind event.<BR><BR><BR>A note from =
Terry: "As=20
far as live performances go, I don't believe I've done anything quite =
like this=20
before. I think the audience, which is really more a gathering of close =
friends=20
and family, is in for some real surprises including a few firsts. Now, =
the=20
mysterious Camarillo Eddy says he'll show up, but you never know about =
that guy.=20
On the other hand, I know the great Steve Hindalong will be there to =
join me on=20
a number of tunes. I've got to say however that my greatest thrill =
concerning=20
this tour is that my son Andrew will, for the very first time in my 30 =
plus=20
years of performing, be joining me on stage. I'm extremely proud of him =
and=20
can't wait for folks to meet him. The song selection should be =
surprising as=20
well. It's eclectic, unpredictable and culled from every musical entity =
I've=20
ever been involved with down through the years. At many of the shows I'm =

planning to field questions from the audience and, if I know my crowd at =
all,=20
this should prove<BR>quite interesting. I may even get Steve to do his=20
leprechaun dance and also that thing where he flips a coin into the air =
and=20
catches it behind his back. Now that's a show!<BR><BR>"We all =
essentially agree=20
that we're living in fairly dark and unpredictable times. I'm =
prayerfully=20
determined to lighten the audience=92s load a bit and do so through =
laughter, some=20
challenges, and more importantly some heart-felt inspiration. (Oh, by =
the way,=20
I've got some road stories to tell which, in some instances, are truly =
weird and=20
astounding.)<BR><BR>"Anyway, in the words of Sam the Sham =91Let's not =
be L7!=92=20
Come on out to the show and let's all have a wonderful time together." - =
Terry=20
Taylor </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_6C2D_01C9C18B.5B85A570--