[danews]TERRY SCOTT TAYLOR TO PRODUCE CYSTIC FIBROSIS BENEFIT ALBUM

danews@lists.danielamos.com danews@lists.danielamos.com
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 23:02:25 -0500

From:  audiori@DanielAmos.com
Date:  Wed Oct 24, 2001  6:00 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE FROM WARM & FILLED ARTIST MANAGEMENT, GALAXY 21
RECORDS AND ANDY'S ANGELS RECORDS:

TERRY SCOTT TAYLOR TO PRODUCE CYSTIC FIBROSIS BENEFIT ALBUM

October 22, 2001 -- The now almost omnipresent Terry Scott Taylor
pulls another trick from his sleeve, a multiple artist collaborative
recording designed to raise funds and awareness for cystic fibrosis
research and a hopeful cure. Taylor has recently garnered attention
for his production of the new Starflyer 59 album, "Leave Here a
Stranger," his production and songwriting for the Lost Dogs' newest
release, "Real Men Cry," his involvement in the LEGENDS tour
collaboration (Randy Stonehill, Sweet Comfort Band, Daniel Amos and
the 77's), Daniel Amos' new epic, "Mr. Buechner's Dream," and a host
of other recording, songwriting and journalistic endeavors. He seems
to be everywhere these days! "I want to stay busy; to keep involved
in as many projects as I can," relates Taylor in a recent telephone
interview. "At this point in my life I feel that the Lord has
brought me to a place where I perhaps have more to say and more to
offer than ever before. So much has happened in my personal life
this past year that it has really brought forth a newfound creative
energy and drive."

"Come As a Child or Not at All," a multiple artist collaborative
effort is being spearheaded by Taylor, Andy's Angel Records, Warm &
Filled and Galaxy 21 Music, each playing a distinctive role in a
distinctive project. Taylor describes the album as, "an album about
children, but not necessarily for children." All profits are to be
donated to local and national cystic fibrosis research agencies and
educational efforts. In mid-April, 2001, Taylor received a phone
call placed on behalf of Theo and Andy Obrastoff, a Seattle father
and son. Very much akin to a "Make a Wish" call, Andy, fighting his
last bout with a life-long and crippling cystic fibrosis, asked his
father if Taylor would come sing for him. The Obrastoffs were
longtime Terry Taylor fans. In a whirlwind rush of activity, Taylor
made the melancholy journey to Seattle to meet a grieving father and
to sing for a dying son. The lives of all involved were changed.
That was Andy's way. Recounts Taylor, "I felt wholly inadequate to
the task at hand; and I was." Andy Obrastoff entered the arms of
Jesus on May 5, 2001. Those astute fans who have perused the liner
notes of "Mr.Buechner's Dream" will recall Terry's memorial to the
young Obrastoff.

Terry Taylor then received a second communication from Andy's father,
Theo. "I suppose a varied amount of outcomes might have transpired,"
Theo mentioned. "I began by wishing to honor the memory of my son.
I thought that, as a musician, I might do an album of songs I'd
written for him, but it had to be really good and I wanted the fruit
of my labor to benefit Cystic Fibrosis Research. God had brought
Terry Taylor into the life of my family. He came to Andrew in his
last days to sing and pray--to exercise his God-given ministry over
my son. That changed a great deal of things for us." "I asked who
Terry used for a producer. To whom should I turn? He said,
simply, 'me'." "Come As a Child or Not at All" and Andy's Angels
Records were born from those seeds of sorrow and honor.

Presently, Taylor is writing new material, reworking some older tunes
(specifically from his earlier solo albums on grief and
loss, "Knowledge and Innocence," and "A Briefing for the Ascent") and
recording vocalists and musicians. Through much thought and prayer
an album outline was birthed where artists such as Theo, Taylor, the
77's, Lost Dogs, Starflyer 59, Cush, the Choir, Daniel Amos, Phil
Madeira, Randy Stonehill and many, many others record both new and
reworked Taylor tunes. Additionally, original collaborative songs
written by Theo Obrastoff and Taylor will be included. All involved
are also seeking contributions from artists of national renown. "I'm
hopeful that many well known artists and musicians will catch the
vision of this project and offer their assistance. This is a very
unique and very important opportunity," Terry relates.

Says Obrastoff, "This thing, this vision of mine isn't mine anymore.
That's how it always was with Andrew too. From the first, I gave him
up to God." A proud father recalls, "Andrew was so wonderful.
That's the way of it with this project. Andrew's legacy keeps
touching people and this project has 'taken on a life of God's own'.
And no wonder, Andrew allowed God to fill him and lead him all the
way back to the embraces of the Father."

"Come As a Child or Not at All" will not only be an album, but also a
live show. Jonathan Feavel, of Warm & Filled Artist Management, the
project director of the album, envisions, "an ever changing live show
where any of the album participants are welcome to play at any time.
The line-up will change, the venues played will change, and the set
list may change, but we'll see the artists involved in this project
touring the country together to support the project, to increase
awareness regarding cystic fibrosis, to raise research funds and to
honor the life of Andy and all others stricken with cystic
fibrosis." "It will be a multimedia event with a short film on the
life, joy and impact of Andy Obrastoff and a brief education on CF
research. We anticipate that both regional and national cystic
fibrosis foundations will lend their aid to the cause and that many,
many lives will be touched by Andy's testimony."

That short film may also find its way on to the "Come As a Child or
Not at All" disc. Dan Michaels and Galaxy 21 Music will distribute
the recording. "Much like the Gene Eugene tribute album with
interactive disc, the "Come As a Child" recording will be much more
than just music. It will be music, film, testimonials, interviews
and more. As others have mentioned, this is a very special
project." "We do expect to release radio singles and we will service
radio with the project. It's our joint goal to make a tremendous
impact with this album -- a spiritual and educational impact. The
real goal of the album will be to glorify Christ through our
relationships and to move one another to act in a Christ-like manner
toward one another, especially unto, 'the least of these.'"

For developing details, please keep an eye on
http://www.andysangels.org, http://www.warmandfilled.com, and
http://www.danielamos.com. The early summer 2002 release is expected
to coincide with the Cornerstone Music Festival where we are hoping
that the "Come As a Child or Not at All" live show will play on a
late night stage.

THE LOST DOGS "REAL MEN CRY" TOUR WITH SPECIAL GUEST PHIL MADEIRA

10/30/2001 - Wheaton IL Wheaton Evangelical Free Church
10/31/2001 - Livonia, MI Trinity House Theatre
11/1/2001 - Indianapolis, IN Radio, Radio Club
11/2/2001 - Sullivan, IN Historic Sherman House Theatre
11/3/2001 - St Louis, MO Christ Church, UCC
11/4/2001 - Owensboro, KY Macedonia Baptist Church
11/5/2001 - Lexington, KY Asbury College
11/6/2001 -- Atlanta, GA The IF Coffee House
11/7/2001 - Franklin, TN Franklin Merchantile
Limited Seating show. Tickets available *EXCLUSIVELY* at
http://www.TheLostDogs.org

All dates subject to change. Visit http://www.TheLostDogs.org for
details.

For questions, comments or to offer either financial or other
support, please contact:

Jonathan T. Feavel
Attorney at Law (and)
Warm & Filled Artist Management